Geography and our stories are intrinsically linked and these custom map illustrations are the perfect way to tell a part of your story.
Whether it be the small town you grew up in, your love story, your wedding area map for guests, your backpacking adventures or your backyard through your child's eyes we can work together to create a truly unique keepsake.
Due to the custom nature of this project I'll need some things from you! After purchase you'll receive a form to fill out and will be sending reference images for each landmarck/icon. This ensures we are on the same page about the final design.
I'll pick your brain about some of your preferences for colours and style, etc. You can also leave colour and text styel up to my creative preference.
Please note that this illustration is to tell a story. This is not a precise piece of cartography. Roads, regions and illustrations of landmarks are meant to be a representation and not an exact replica or to scale.
Elements of the Map
- Background Colour with Texture
- Outline of Region
- Main Roads
- Title of Map
- Included in the map price are up to 7 illustrated landmarks (client will provide non copyrighted reference images for EACH landmark).
- Additional landmarks can be illustrated for $15 each (provided there is space on the illustration).
- Hand-lettered Labels (choose from print, all caps, or script)
- Compass Rose
- Size Options : 10x8, 14x10, 11x8.5, (message for custom size inquiry).
- Choose from "Inky" or "Classic" style (in the product images "Our City" is classic and "Map of Us" is in the Inky style.
- If you're doing a map of your yard or property the client must provide an aerial view or rough sketch of borders, buildings, natural features, etc. (Google Earth is often a great option for an aerial view).
Up to 2 rounds of small revisions are included in your purchase. Additional rounds of revisions are $10 each. Small revisions included things like placement of a landmark, background colour change, Title placement, etc.
Large Revisions will incur a $20 fee per revision. This includes changing the text style, redoing a landmark illustration, etc.
Turn around time for the first proof is 5-7 days. Delivery of the final illustration depends on the time it takes you to respond with any revisions.
Both a JPG and PDF file will be delivered via private Google Drive link.
Final illustrations will be delivered at 200-300 dpi depending on size and number of layers.
** If you'd like purchase with E-Transfer as your payment option please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can complete the order through email. Do not send payment until I have responded. **
Local printing options are available upon request.
*Client's may see similar base layers used if ordering maps of the same city or region. Wonder House Creative retains all copyright to all illustrations, landmark illustrations, maps, and layers and will use them for any project at their discretion. *